The International Dramaturgy Festival
The International Dramaturgy Festival goes further into the centre of its endeavour and reflects on its own contemporary existence.
From a transdisciplinary perspective, we encourage dialogue among different ways of dramaturgic production, curatorial practices, theatre, dance, performance, visual arts, cinema, philosophy, music, sociology and social activism.
We navigate through diverse local-regional-global conflicts, changing their sceneries or territories in order to resignify them, by the migration of texts, concepts, images, archives, gestures and movements.
Since 2014, we have produces three editions of the Festival and 35 original commissioned projects that have ingaged more than fifty cultural institutions and 400 artists from Uruguay, Brazil, Peru, Spain, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Croatia, Finland, Austria, Switzerland, Rumany, Poland, Italy, India, Lebanon and Argentina.
Based in Buenos Aires city, Argentina, the International Dramaturgy Festival activates an intertwined frontier among various production contexts: Independent organizations, gubernamental, private, international cultural institutions and the artists that participate in each edition, with the aim of fostering new frameworks for creation.
2014-15. I Festival Internacional de Dramaturgia. The plays and performances commissioned for this program were:
- COTIDIANIDAD Y ÉXTASIS. UN CUADRO DE COSTUMBRES by Rebekka Kricheldorf (Germany) | Directed by Mariana Chaud. Presented in Hasta Trilce.
- DEMASIADO CORTAS LAS PIERNAS by Katja Brunner ((Switzerland) | Directed by Diego Faturos (Argentina). Presented in Timbre 4.
- AL MUNDO by Joël Pommerat (France) | Directed by Natalia Casielles (Argentina). Presented in La Carpientería.
- AGRESTE by Newton Moreno (Brasil) | Directed, by Elisa Carricajo (Argentina). Presented in Hasta Trilce.
- EL SUEÑO DE HIPATIA by Massimo Vicenzi (Italy) | Directed by Analía Couceyro (Argentina). Presented in Teatro El Elefante.
- HAMLET ESTÁ MUERTO SIN FUERZA DE GRAVEDAD by Ewald Palmetshofer (Austria) | Directed by Lisandro Rodríguez (Teatro El Elefante)
- HUMO by Josep María Miró | Directed by Ana Katz (Argentina). Presented in Hasta Trilce.
- LA CIUDAD by Martin Crimp (England) | Directed by Cristian Drut (Argentina). Presented in Teatro del Abasto.
- MEDEA DEL OLIMAR by Mariana Percovich | Directed by Román Podolsky (Argentina). Presented in Teatro Camarín de las Musas.
- MI HIJO SÓLO CAMINA UN POCO MÁS LENTO by Ivor Martinic | Directed by Guillemo Cacace (Argentina). Presented in Teatro Apacheta.
This program were presented in co-productions with EUNIC (European Union National Institutes for Culture), Fundación Casa Croata-Croatia House, Centro Croata del ITI, Ayuntamiento de Zagreb, Oficina Cultural Oswald de Andrade, Governo Do Estado De São Paulo, Embajada de Suiza en Argentina, ProHelvetia, Embajada de Francia en Argentina, Alianza Francesa, Embajada de Italia en Argentina, Instituto Italiano de Cultura, Festival Internacional de Artes Escénicas del Uruguay, Embajada de Austria, Embajada de Rumania en Argentina, Instituto Cultural Rumano, Goethe Institut, Embajada de España, British Council.
2016. II Festival Internacional de Dramaturgia. The plays and performances commissioned for this program were:
- HAY QUE SACAR A PASEAR AL PERRO by Tomislav Zajec (Croacia) | Directed by Matías Sendón (Argentina). Presented in El Elefante.
- HOLYFOOD by Marek Kochan (Poland) | Directed by Ignacio Sánchez Mestre (Argentina). Presented in Anfitrión Theater.
- LA FUERZA DE LA IMAGINACIÓN by Cássio Pires (Brasil) | Directed by Cecilia Meijide (Argentina).
- LA VEZ QUE ESTUVE MUERTO Y MARTÍN L. CORE NO ME VINO A VISITAR by Daniel Mezger (Switzerland) | Directed by Agostina López (Argentina). Presented in El Elefante.
- LOS OJOS DE ANA by Luc Tartar (France) | Directed by Paula Marull (Argentina). Presented by Espacio Callejón.
- MISHELLE DI SANT’ OLIVA by Emma Dante (Italy) | Directed by Alfredo Staffolani (Argentina). Presented in Teatro del Abasto.
- NO DARÉ HIJOS, DARÉ VERSOS by Marianella Morena (Uruguay) | Directed by Francisco Lumerman (Argentina). Presented in Timbre 4.
- PIE DE MONTE by Thomas Arz (Austria) | Directed by Alberto Ajaka (Argentina). Presented in Espacio Callejón.
- PIEZA PLÁSTICA by Marius Von Mayenburg (Germany) | Directed by Luciano Cáceres (Argentina). Presented in Ciudad Kultural Konex.
- TODA LA VERDAD SOBRE LA VIDA Y MUERTE DE KURT COBAIN by Peca Stefan (Rumania) | Directed by Sofía Wilhelmi (Argentina). Presented in Ciudad Kultural Konex.
- UN HOMBRE CON GAFAS DE PASTA by Jordi Casanovas (España) | Directed by Silvia Gómez Giusto (Argentina). Presented in Espacio Callejón.